A while ago one of my favourite bloggers, the Bra Queen, wrote a post on 25 things about her and challenged me to do the same! So here goes ….
1. When people ask how I learnt to write so well my answer is always the same “From reading!” (I was the nerd spending lunch time in the library instead of out on the playground)
2. In 2003/04 I spent 12 months living and working in the Yukon Territory, Canada where I survived a – 60 degree winter, saw the northern lights, grizzly bears, dog sledding, ate moose meat and met and brought home with me, the love of my life (who sadly, and unexpectedly, left us in 2011. I miss him every day – he was the greatest adventure of my life)
3. I don’t have any children of my own but I have 3 adorable nephews, a niece and a godson who mean the world to me
4. Other cool places I’ve been to include Vancouver, Japan, Washington D.C., Kentucky, Chicago, LA and Disneyland
5. The hardest resumes I’ve ever had to type would be for clients applying for jobs with ASIO because they aren’t allowed to tell me if they got the job!
6. My favourite band is The Cure
7. My favourite food is barbeque
8. My favourite cocktail is a Mojito, or an Old Fashioned, or a Black Russian (tough question!)
9. My favourite quote is “Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity. To seize everything you ever wanted – one moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?” (Eminem)
10. My birthday is May 1st
11. I came in at around 12,000th in the Bridge to Brisbane (I crawled the last 10 metres)
12. In high school I used to day dream about playing Netball for Australia (at 5’3 I don’t think I ever really stood a chance)
13. Every November I’m an official participant in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) with a goal of writing 50,000 in 30 days (I managed to make 23,000 words – not too bad!)
14. The best thing about working from home is that I get to work with Milly by my side! She’s a terrible typist and no help around the office at all but she is great company and does keep the door-to-door salesmen away.
15. My favourite current TV shows are The Good Doctor, Criminal Minds, The Middle, Once Upon a Time
16. My favourite movie is Life is Beautiful
17. I think writing 25 things about yourself is a lot!
18. One day I hope to go and visit Roald Dahl’s writing hut in the UK
19. I am scared of Magpies, heights and not getting enough sleep
20. My favourite pastime is Geocaching
21. If I wasn’t a Resume Writer my dream job would be a novelist or a graphic designer
22. My first job was reading picture books to kindergarteners while the teachers took their break
23. The bin collection day in my street is Sunday (yep, I’m really struggling now to finish this list!)
24. My favourite workout is Boxing
25. I’m left handed